Whether uphill or downhill, the FOCUS SAM sets you up perfectly and makes light work of reaching the summit. On the way down it shows it's playfulness and control in demanding situations. Putting you in the cockpit to enjoy the trail to the utmost.
- Lightweight, robust carbon frame with F.O.L.D. kinematics
- RockShox Lyrik RC2 suspension fork and RockShox SuperDeluxe RCT shock
- Sram GX Eagle 1x12 drive with wide gear ratio range and Descendant carbon crankset
- Lightweight, robust carbon frame and alloy rear triangle with F.O.L.D. kinematics
- Fox 36 Rhythm suspension fork and Fox Float DPX2 Performance shock
- Sram GX Eagle 1x12 drive with wide gear ratio range and RaceFace Aeffect crankset
"FOCUS has undeniably succeeded in achieving the perfect balance between uphill and downhill enjoyment!"Mountainbike Rider Magazin, #182, May 2016
FOCUS Optimized Linkage Design F.O.L.D.
F.O.L.D. stands for FOCUS Optimised Linkage Design, and offers the ultimate in rear suspension. The patented F.O.L.D. kinematics make it possible to optimise the rear triangle for an extremely wide range of different requirements: F.O.L.D. is extremely sensitive while being progressive enough to prevent a harsh bottom out.
Stable Stiffness Per Size (S.S.P.S.)
In order to ensure that all bike sizes offer the same ride characteristics, all available frame heights are individually designed and feature a specially developed carbon lay-up. This Stable Stiffness Per Size (SSPS) production method ensures that all sizes provide the perfect weight-to-stiffness ratio.
Internal Cable Routing
The cables and hydraulic lines are routed inside the frame for protection, creating a neat look and extending the service life of the lines for perfect gear shifting and braking at all times.