Hardtail mountain bike
Why choose a hardtail mountain bike when you could opt for a full-suspension mountain bike too? The answer is really quite simple. You have to consider what terrain you’ll be tackling on your adventures. FOCUS explains to you what platform is appropriate for what application.
Are you taking part in a cross-country race or a cycling marathon? Then a hardtail mountain bike should be a fairly natural choice for you.
A hardtail is also the perfect choice if your tours are primarily on gravel tracks, forest paths and easier trails. Even though your trails are full of roots and stones, they don’t have any large steps or rugged stony sections. Your tours strike the balance between ascents and descents. The downhill sections are moderate.
The rigid rear triangle on a hardtail means that power is transmitted directly from your legs to the drive, making this mountain bike faster than a full-susser on flats. A hardtail makes lighter work of uphill rides compared to a full-susser too – not just because of its lower weight, but also due to the fact that no power is lost through a suspension system.
If you’re a beginner, a hardtail mountain bike will help you learn the correct – and therefore better – riding technique from the very outset. That’s because, unlike a full-suspension bike, a hardtail won’t forgive your riding mistakes.
• A hardtail mountain bike is lighter than a full-susser because its rear triangle is rigid.
• A hardtail requires less maintenance than a full-susser, because it doesn’t have the additional suspension system.
• On average, a hardtail mountain bike is cheaper than a full-suspension one, as it has less spring technology.
• The patented R.A.T. (RAPID AXLE TECHNOLOGY) floating axle – as fitted on the RAVEN MAX – enables the fastest wheel change in the world. At the 2016 World Cup in Albstadt, the FOCUS CX team set the (unofficial) world record under race conditions.
• 27"+ wheels offer you maximum grip and comfort off-road. We’ve built this into our hardtail mountain bikes, such as our BOLD model, which is specially designed for taking on trails.
• The SQUARED EXPERIENCE pushes your mountain bike experience to the next level once again with an electric drive. With the BOLD², you can try out the SQUARED EXPERIENCE on a hardtail mountain bike too.
• Our DONNA models have special ergonomic contact points specifically designed for women. The RAVEN, BLACK FOREST, BOLD, JARIFA I29, JARIFA and WHISTLER families of hardtail mountain bikes all feature a model that fits precisely this description.