Race / Izalco Max
Professional equipment that sets you up for victory.
YOU'RE PREPARED FOR THE ULTIMATE.
High-end now has a name: the IZALCO MAX is your high performance partner for the road. You have your sights set on victory and you want the ultimate bike on which to claim it. An unbelievably lightweight carbon frame, exceptional rigidity and topped of with our most sophisticated technology. No wonder that the pro riders of AG2R La Mondiale swear by the IZALCO MAX. Professional equipment for you.
- PROVEN AT THE TOUR DE FRANCEThe numerous successes of our UCI World Tour team AG2R La Mondiale at the ultimate stage road race are testament to the prowess of the Izalco Max.
- LIGHTWEIGHTStaking its claim in the ultimate lightweight category, the frame of our Izalco Max weighs just 750 grams.
- PIONEERINGThe high-tech Izalco Max sets new standards as the lightest frame on the market to feature disc brakes.
Trans-Siberian Extreme 2016
The longest ultra-race in the world! The Trans-Siberian Extreme covers 9,400 km, with a total of 79,000 metres of climbing, and passes through five climate zones. The starting gun will be fired on 5 July. From Moscow to Vladivostok in 14 stages. And FOCUS Bikes will be there. Click here for the whole story.
- Born out of the...Test Lab Bicycling Australia March 2016
- IZALCO MAX Disc...Gran Fondo #1 2016
- Heck of a fun timeRide #71 2016
- World`s lightes...RCUK Top 100
- Five-star performanceMagazin Ciclista 8/16
- Roadbike 11_2015
- EUROBIKE AWARD ...Eurobike Award 2015
- Ode to IZALCONew Zealand Road Cyclist May/June Issue #34 2016
- Disc brake bike...Disc brake bike of the year Cycling Plus 2016
- The ultimate di...Road.cc February 2016
- Bike of the yearCycling Weekly Award 2016
- So fun to rideBicycling US June 2016
- So good!Bicycling March 2016
For disc brake bikes in the road and cyclocross segment, the FOCUS engineers have developed the first thru axle system that combines greater strength and lateral stiffness with the fastest wheel-change system ever.
The tapered headtube reduces the steering weight while increasing the headset stiffness.
To offer a selection of sizes without compromising on quality, the FOCUS engineers individually design each frame size. So every version offers the optimum weight-to-stiffness ratio.
Combines the advantages of standard and compact cranksets.
The FOCUS full-carbon fork, including the dropouts, is made seamlessly from a single piece. It offers even higher lateral stiffness coupled with good absorption of impacts with the road surface.
External cable and line routing makes maintenance work quicker and easier.
A standard feature on FOCUS carbon frames – for effective protection against the consequences of chain suck.
|Bike size (inches)||28||28||28||28||28||28||28|
|Seat tube (mm)||A||480||500||520||540||560||580||610|
|Top tube (mm)||B||521||530||536||549||565||580||604|
|Head tube angle (°)||C||71,00||71,00||71,00||72,00||73,00||73,00||73,00|
|Seat tube angle (°)||D||74,00||73,00||73,00||73,00||73,00||73,00||73,00|
|Chain stay length (mm)||E||405||405||405||405||405||405||405|
|Bottom bracket drop (mm)||F||70||70||70||70||70||70||70|
|Head tube (mm)||G||110||115||120||135||160||180||200|
|Fork Length (mm)||H||370||370||370||370||370||370||370|
|Fork rake (mm)||I||43||43||43||43||43||43||43|