CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FASHION CONSCIOUS
Tim Jones about Italians an their bikes
Tim Jones is a former professional cyclist and today part of the FOCUS Team Italia. During a visit in Cloppenburg, the South African native told us some stories about the Italians and their bikes. Surprising that he not only loves his team bike – the FOCUS Raven Extreme – but also gets enthusiastic while appraising the FOCUS Izalco Team Milram. Here is his story:
Italians are known for their attention to detail, and cyclists are no exception. The amatori – “fun riders” – especially, are notoriously picky about their bikes, and heaven forbid they be seen out riding on anything but the trendiest of models. What some may consider mere trends, however, are in reality the result of the undeniable technical and structural advantages that high-end bikes have over their lesser counterparts. A costly exercise, some may say, to have to keep up with the ever-evolving bicycle industry, but for an Italian to be pedaling what is derogatorily known as a cancello (a “gate”) – while all his training partners are sitting on the latest of high-tech machines – can often be the cause of quite some embarrassment!
And that’s what Tim Jones told us about the FOCUS Izalco:
The Focus Izalco, for example, fully lives up to the highest standards of even the most discerning of cyclists, from the Protour professional to the Sunday fun rider – Italian or not! Its features are in line with – and indeed set the trends – for top-of-the-range bikes the world over:
· High Modular carbon fiber frame – lighter, stronger, safer.
· BB30 oversized bottom bracket – light, stiff and reduces the “Q-factor”.
· Tapered headset – for maximum stability.
· Internal cable routing (brake and gear) – clean and functional.
· Asymmetric tapered down tube – for rigidity and comfort.
· Elbowed seat stays – engineered to absorb vibrations.
· Race (53/39) or Compact (50/34) crankset.